Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer 2009 registration begins Monday, April 27, 2009!

Wednesday April 22, 2009 <>
Dear Graduate Students,


I hope this note finds you well as you enter into summer 2009 term on June 8, 2009.

As a graduate student, you are required to maintain continuous registration in your program. This means you must register in each term (Summer, Fall and Winter) until you complete your degree as either a full-time or part-time student.

The deadline to register is June 15, 2009. If you register after this date, you will be charged a late fee of $200.

To register and view the summer 2009 course timetable, visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) web site: www.yorku.ca/grads/registration/index.htm. Use the information and links found on the site to register in your program, enroll in courses, and familiarize yourself with important information and deadlines (http://www.yorku.ca/grads/calendar.htm - l2).

Please note that unless your Graduate Program Director and Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies have approved a change of status, leave of absence academic petition, you must remain in the category of registration to which you were admitted. If you are having difficulty registering please do not hesitate to contact FGS.

The Faculty of Graduate Studies wishes you all the best in your academic progress. If you have any question, please contact your graduate program or call or visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies at 283 York Lanes or 416 736-5521.


Sincerely,

Sharon Pereira

Student Affairs Officer

Faculty of Graduate Studies

2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the registration process. I enrolled in two - 1/2 credit courses. One math and one education/math pre-approved program courses. When I returned the next day to verify that the courses were listed on my account the math/education course that I previously was granted enrollment in was removed from the list of my courses. I am unclear why this has happened. I have been told that I need to clear my registration with a staff advisor. Why is this happening after the courses are available? Does this delay now jeopardize my chances of being able to enrol in the course as it may be full once the staff advisor gives consent? Not sure why all of a sudden I need approval for a course when I have never needed it for previous courses? As well, the evening advising sessions are not available when students would already be on campus (ie. Monday-Algebra or Thursday-History of Math).As the director of the program can you please advise or give consent to enrol in the pre-approved Math 5910 course. I enrolled on April 27, 2009 at 7am to ensure a spot in the course. The full math course does not meet my schedule/need for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking, did you enroll in MATH 5910? If you tried to enroll in the EDUC course it probably won't let you register.
    I checked with Primrose and the records do not indicate that you enrolled nor that you were dropped so I am just hoping that this is some sort of fluke.

    ReplyDelete